Sunday, September 28, 2014

Coffee station upcycled dresser

So I've finally decided to start blogging about my home decor and DIY ideas. So let's see, here it goes!

After a few months I've finally finished my latest project my COFFEE STATION!!!! And I love it!

I started off with a curbside find dresser in bad shape (sorry I didn't snap a pic it was just hideous!) I needed something temporary and salvaged the old dresser with only two drawers intact and two different types of hardware (on each drawer?)  I've decided to go with a mostly French country style (everything is white, in my head at least that is French country?) but mostly everything in kitchen is reclaimed or upcycled, basically used, or just plain old. Soooo....

Natural I threw a few coats of white paint on the old dresser. Got some shiny new hardware and had To find something for some shelves? The pallet hanging out at my neighbors house was an eyesore so I decided it needed to look much better on my kitchen lol!  So here it is. Finished coffee station.



Three coats of white paint. It's actually Behr's cottage white in an eggshell finish found at Home Depot (left over from my sons bedroom) shiny silver hardware I believe are Martha Stewart also found at HD! $5.97 each? I left the top black and chippy sort of intentionally, but once my neighbor mentioned that it would hide the coffee drips well I stuck with it and thought it looked good enough.

The two drawers work perfectly to hide filters and coffee in one side and tea bags and cocoa mix in the other, as well as a few mixed matched coffee mugs that I can't part with but don't fit the rest of my decor. The other shelves are the perfect dimensions for my baking pans and corningware that's wen hiding away for far too long. Now it is proudly on display and within easy reach. The coffee pot is by chemex and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes great coffee and doesn't mind taking a few minutes to make it right.

Well I hope you enjoyed this post stay tuned for more to come as I've since added a chalkboard above and am pretty much in love with it!

1 comment:

  1. it looks great! very Pinterest worthy! would love to have coffee from there with you

    ReplyDelete