Thursday, August 22, 2013

Miserable mornings!

I am a mom of two young boys and want to be that person who gets up before them and enjoys a newspaper and a cup of coffee....well it's just not in my cards.

First I am a night owl, often have a hard time falling asleep, and an even harder time deciding when to go to sleep. I love the alone time at night with my thoughts and peace and quiet. However, I know I should've going to sleep much earlier in order to be up and at me in the morning. Truth is I just hate mornings!

Now my real problem lies with my kids love of waking up early!!! My eldest son always rises about a half hour before I'd like him to no matter what time that is!! He is now determined to make as much noise as possible In order to wake up my other son! Terrific right? Yeah well that's how my day starts every day!  Then we proceed I to cranky town for the next two hours at least. The oldest wants to eat something I scantly and is yelling until its in his mouth. The little one is over tired from being woken up early and is just cranky, his new favorite thing is to bang his head on things...the gate, the table, the door, pretty much anything!

So I'm at the point right now where I just don't know how to make things better besides me changing my nice quiet peaceful me time to sleep time! Ugh! Things don't look like they will be in my favor for a looooong time! But if it will affect them in a positive way I'm all for it.

A for the coming week I'm going to yet again change my lifestyle in order to achieve happiness for everyone in my house. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! It's a constant battle of what to do and when when you have little ones. I too enjoy being up late and it just seems to be easier get stuff done when everyone else is sleeping. I recently read 2 blog posts that helped me go to bed earlier and get up earlier. I certainly don't get up as early as this guy I do get up early no. here are the links http://ragamuffinsoul.com/2013/08/5steps5/ and http://ragamuffinsoul.com/2013/07/wakeuplazyass/

    ReplyDelete