Thursday, August 15, 2013

Preparing for nursery school?

We are at the point In our lives right now where we've decided to try and send our oldest son to nursery school. I don't really know what the difference is between this and pre school? I'm not quite sure how to get him prepared, or us?

 I remember what it was like getting myself ready for the first day of school when I was young, but things have changed A LOT! Also, I'm not familiar at all with what he will need for nursery school? Does he need pencils and paper, like we did every year? A new lunchbox is on the list, and we already have a backpack for him so that is covered. But, with all the rules and regulations of today's world I'm almost afraid of buying anything until they tell me exactly what he can and cannot use? I was already informed that his lunches cannot have nuts? Well, for a kid who eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for lunch this might present a problem on the very first day!

I am ready to get myself organized and make sure I have everything at home he will need, I'm just stuck on what exactly those things should be? I don't want him to feel left out when he gets there because he's missing something? And I don't want to be that mom that doesn't know what she's doing either?

So here we are trying to make some sense of what to do, trying to make sure he knows what to do by himself. Working on manners, and hygiene, and ow new foods too I guess? All of this jammed into just a few short weeks since this was a last minute decision for us. We will make it through I'm sure, but for right now I'm feeling a little clueless.

Wish us luck in the weeks to come for a smooth transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment